Thursday, March 19, 2015

The. Teacher. Fair. and the rest of that crazy day.

Guys, I was freaking out. I had been trying to research districts I was interested in so I could chat with them about something, but I couldn't find much. Turns out, if you're a special education major, they'll start talking to you and trying to sell you on coming to their district. The districts close by just say, "here's our information." The districts in rural areas chat you up, tell you everything amazing about their schools, and conveniently forget to tell you IT'S IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

I did a screening interview with a guy from the district in Colorado Kara works in! And he liked me a lot! I felt so comfortable with him and we had a nice conversation. He strongly encouraged me to apply and email him afterwards so he can keep track of me. He also said the girl before me and I made his whole trip worth it. Maybe he was just buttering me up, but, hey, it worked!

I got to see my old peeps, the Testing Department at Independent Study, and it was sooooooo good! They slipped a note (on the back of a cut out of a bear) in my bag that says "We miss you beary much!" I loved seeing all of them and hearing just a bit about their lives! I ended up talking mostly and couldn't stay long, but it was so good to know that I'm missed there. And I was reminded how much I miss them.

I got to see Jared and get the update on his life. His love life in particular ;) I also got to see Tomo! He's such a fun kid. I can totally be myself with him. Then I met with my university supervisor for my student teaching and got to become a bit more comfortable with her. Then I saw an old professor and had a quick conversation with him. He seemed kinda freaked out haha. Thennnnn I saw Megan Popperz! It was so good to catch up with her and see how married life is going.
It was a good day (:

We're finally going to Bryn's play tonight!!!
Finally, I think I'm going up to Layton tomorrow. Never been there before so that'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment