Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Update: The rest of the road trip

Like I said in the last post, we headed to Colorado so Kara could get the rest of her stuff from our uncle's house and get ready to officially move her home to Georgia.

........ I just realized this is probably only interesting to me. So here's the short version and some pictures:

  • We went to Columbia, Missouri for Sharon's wedding! After all the time in the car and being busy (and since there wasn't a ton to do there), we relaxed in our hotel room. The fire alarm went off at 4 AM, but we didn't evacuate? Not really sure what happened...
  • We spent a few days in St. Louis with one of Kara's good friends that she met back in elementary school! She was a gracious host and lovely tour guide. Kara and I had our first (virgin) margaritas. We went to a giant playground, the arch (duh!), and the zoo! The zoo is free there people!
  • At long last, we made it home!!!! And celebrated with a Braves game in a suite.
  • My roommate Morgen flew out to Georgia and spent a week with my family there. We went to the Botanical Gardens, the Aquarium, Skyview Atlanta, Athens, and Auburn! 
  • Kara stayed in Georgia, and Morgen and I hit the road with my new car (my official first car! that I bought with my own money). Best part: the seat warmers.
  • We stayed at a bit of a sketchy hotel in Independence, Missouri, the first night. The next day, we went to the visitors' center, Liberty Jail, and saw the Community of Christ temple before heading to Loveland, Colorado.
  • We stayed the night with my uncle and aunt (Thanks uncle and aunt!) that Kara used to live with and told them all about our adventures.
  • In the morning, we made it back to Provo! An hour before we got home, we got a rock chip in the windshield :( BUT, we finished our audio book right as we pulled up to our house.


Seals are my new favorite





Chihuly at the botanical gardens in Atlanta

We definitely recommend the botanical gardens in Athens too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment