Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A new PR.

So Jack and Ronda, the couple who own the house I live in, are visiting until Sunday for some dentist, doctor, and hair appointments. They are a very nice couple and are, not surprisingly, very fond of their house. Jayna and I were a bit nervous to have them come because.... it's their house. And we're living in it. And I've never met them. And they didn't know my name. Anywaysssss, they seem to be happy with how we have kept the house clean (thank goodness!) and haven't damaged anything.

This morning, I had my first student teaching panic attack that wasn't related to snow: I woke up 50 minutes late! After my roommate's alarms stopped going off, and I fell back into a nice slumber. I was in the middle of a very real-feeling dream. Interesting dream. We drove away from a fancy wedding reception, drove over railroad tracks, and ended up in a cabin by Lake Allatoona in Georgia. A few of us started going down the big hill to the lake when we realized we would have to hike back up in our nice clothes and heels. Then we started playing piano? But it was more like Tap Tap Revolution in a book. Needless to say, it was weird.

When I woke up, I panicked. It was 6:56 and I needed to leave before 7:15.

So I rushed; I brushed my teeth, turned on my flat iron, did my makeup in 90 seconds, straightened half my hair, jumped a foot in the air when Ronda popped up out of nowhere, applied deodorant, got dressed, straightened the other half, grabbed my "lunch," and was out the door at 7:13. Boom! Then I got to school 3 minutes before contract time started, and sat in my car for a couple minutes. I needed a little time to calm down.

Morals of the story: Don't rely on your roommate's alarms. Set a later alarm justttt in case. Showering at night is a really good thing even if you get crazy bed head. Make your lunch the night before. Always have a shirt you can wear a sports bra with and still look professional.

 photo tired.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment