Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Adulthood

I thought I was an adult.
I'm not.
Well, I am.
But only partially.

Why I thought I was an adult:
  • I moved out of my parents' house 3 ½ years ago.
  • I even moved away from Provo- the place which constitutes my comfort zone and contains all my friends.
  • I'm graduating in THREE MONTHS.
  • I yelled, “I'M AN ADULT!” on my way to school a couple weeks ago because I didn't need my mom. 
  • I made two comments in Relief Society the other day. Two!
How I know I'm not an adult:
  • I do not know how to talk to adults. I really only know how to talk to college students...
  • I sound like a child when I talk to my roommate (bless her heart, she is so kind).
  • I cried about having to drive in snow. That's the hardest I have cried since a girl bit my boob in third grade.
  • I curl up and watch a movie when I get home from school, forgetting about the earlier events of the day.
  • I don't know what I want to do after I graduate.
  • My love life is nonexistent and will be forever more.

So I should have realized this sooner, but nonetheless, I was still disheartened when I figured it out. Turns out that adulthood requires a hike that is a lot longer than I expected. The view is blocked by some tall trees currently, but the path isn't too steep right now. I'll take it. I have the rest of my life to learn and grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment