Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Put Me in, Coach!

Week 2 is done! Time seems to be flying by. Only 13 weeks left! I have a lot to do before then, but I am confident I can get it done. Today I do not love student teaching. MT and I are comfortable with silence and I wonder if I should be looking over his shoulder more. I'm just not curious enough..... and MT knows what he is doing. I wonder a bit if he is hesitant to let me take some control of the classroom. I think he is comfortable in his routine.

I miss Provo like crazy! It's a good place with wonderful people. I spent the weekend there and it was like I didn't move away. I really didn't want to come back to my real life. My roommates are seriously the best and I am so blessed to have them in my life! I also miss my ward down there. I have more friends there than I realized. For a little bit, I was wondering if moving to Heber was the right decision, but I am confident that I was led by the Spirit to make this decision. Now I just have to figure out why.

It's funny that I thought I was so grown up by moving out of Provo. My roommate makes me feel like a child. She is an adult, and I am distantly down the path to adulthood. Jayna is super nice and I like her a lot. She listens to me ramble about my non-existent love life and how I do not understand teaching in a school yet.

My plan for today is to watch a movie and/or take a nap. In the evening, I will go with Jayna to meet some people in the ward. Yikes. I need to be friendly and not clingy. But I don't have my main wing woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment