Monday, January 26, 2015

It's the Small Things

Student teaching is out of my comfort zone. And I moved away from all my friends (who's idea was that?!?!). So I've been trying to focus on the little things that make it a little bit better or remind me why I chose to help these punks.

Boy was sitting by Girl (AKA not in his assigned seat) so Mrs. Teacher told him to move back. Boy put up a bit of a fight and Class Clown goes, "It's just young love, Mrs. Teacher." It made me chuckle.

While Mrs. Teacher was up taking about functions, domain, and ranges, she asked the question "Where does the domain go?" Some of the students were struggling (or "thinking") and all of a sudden, Boy confidently yells, "It's always on the left!" Us teachers were so surprised. This kid is pretty smart but goofs off a lot.
Moral of the story: More gets through to them than you think!

Boy was playing with one of those foam soda can holder things all through class. You know what I'm talking about? I think it's called a koozie. As Boy was leaving class, he chucked the koozie back towards Mentor Teacher and ended up hitting him smack dab in the middle of MT's shiny forehead. I immediately had to turn around to hide my laughter. It was probably pretty obvious because my shoulders were shaking up and down. MT just looked at Boy, said "Boy..." disapprovingly, and went on with what he was doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment