Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 1 is Complete!

Week 1 is complete! It was a lot better than I expected honestly. I am able to help kids while they are working on their assignments so at least I feel a little productive. Apparently most student teachers observe for a really long time before they do anything. I am so glad that I am in a math class so I can actually do something instead of just sitting around! My mentor teacher told me I could definitely teach high school math, and he even told the principal he was impressed with my math skills!

I've taken to playing Majong Titans a lot. That is what I do with my down time. Or mess with my lanyard. Did I mention I have a lot of down time right now? AHHH. I should just start getting way ahead on assignments while I am not stressed out of my mind about lessons plans and teaching.
I am working on knowing when to walk around and randomly pick students to help and when to wait for them to raise their hands.

Emily's party yesterday was awesome! She was stressed about getting back in time to finish getting stuff ready for the party. Dinner with the roommates was SO great though. I am so blessed to have them in my life! My favorite thing is that Bryn actually seems super excited to see me, which I did not expect. I got to see so many of my favorite people last night for dinner and the party! And Emily was really happy. Someone brought her a pineapple and someone brought her an orange hahaha. I got a watermelon for my 21st birthday so I guess random fruit is not an uncommon birthday gift.

Tonight I am heading down to Provo for a ward activity and to see my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and other sister and my awesome old co-worker.
Tomorrow, I am making my old roommates and some friends come up to Heber to see my new house! We're gonna make pizza nad hang out, and they're all gonna be jealous (:

No comments:

Post a Comment