Thursday, January 29, 2015

Still the Little Things

You know, I have seen several times in my life that I am happier when I look for the little things to be grateful for. Soooo he's round two of things that have made me chuckle!

Boy stays in our room during intervention to play a dinosaur game. The way to get to this came is to disconnect to the internet and try to load a website in Google Chrome. Tricky people. Anyway, he goes "Ouch!" everytime he is killed. Then he starts talking about his brother and how he just kinda has to deal with him especially since they are going to be together forever. That's when this happened: "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

I bribed one of my classes with Starburst candies. It worked like a charm! Everyone wanted to answer.

Girl: What's your name?
Me: Ms. Prestwich.
Girl: Do you have a first name?
Me: Yes.
Girl: What is it?
Me *mischievously*: Ms. Prestwich.
Girl: That's kind hard.
Me: You can call me Ms. P-wich if you want.
Girl: P-witch?
Me: It's just kind of a nick name I've gotten used to.
Girl: Why? You're not mean.....

Girl came in to class and said, "I saw you yesterday and meant to tell you you looked really good!"

I went to borrow an eraser for the white board from another random bald teacher. Since I am a Southern Belle, I asked very nicely with a warm smile and kind eyes. In essence he said, "I don't care," and rolled his eyes. I held in my Southern sass, smiled, probably curtsied, thanked him, grabbed the eraser, and got the heck out of there. After class was over, I took the eraser back, announced so as if I were telling an old friend I finally brought their knitting needles back, put the eraser back, and walked out. I think he thought I was a student. JOKE'S ON YOU PAL. I don't know why I thought that was funny....

Girl walks into class and immediately starts telling me about Friend's boyfriend and how he isn't nice when Friend isn't around, doesn't respect Friend, and is starting to like the cheerleaders. I had noooo idea what to tell her; that's a hard situation for a friend to be in. So Girl went on for while and I just nodded my head and verbally agreed at the correct times. I'm getting prettyyyy good at doing that. MT's stories can get pretty long.

A few days ago, the whole school watched a suicide prevention video. It gave a few different situations of teenagers who were having suicidal thoughts. One of the situations was about a girl who was depressed because her boyfriend broke up with her. As I was walking a packet up to the office right after I ran into one of the other Special Education teachers. She told me that during the example about the girl, a girl burst into tears and said she needed to talk to someone about her boyfriend. Why is this funny you might ask? This girl has Down Syndrome. Can you imagine that? How cute, but sad, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment